SALUTARY IMPACT

SALUTARY IMPACT
SALUTARY IMPACT (HOSPITALITY AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT)CALL +33605867728

Wednesday 8 February 2017

Must Read! let me tell you about how I started my organisation by Adepeju Jaiyeoba




Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
According to Adepeju, she said
One of the most common questions I've received from friends on this platform is this: 'I have a great idea, I want to do something for my community. How do I start?'
With three simple stories, let me tell you about how I started my organisation.

1. Believe in the possibility of your idea and be resolute in its pursuit.
See the picture attached to this post? That was the picture we took at my first ever program and community outreach event in 2011. There were just five of us but each one was there because I simply wouldn't let them be if they refused πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
In it, I had my younger sister who I compelled to attend the event and volunteer for the organisation I was just starting πŸ˜‚. I also had with me my husband, then fiancΓ©, who had absolutely no choice than to drive me to the outreach location and act as MC at the event πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. See the young lady not smiling to your right? That's my friend and colleague who couldn't believe she travelled out of Lagos believing she was going to have fun πŸ˜‚.
My point is this, there will always be people who will do something for you, bend over backwards, and simply just bear up because it's you and they can't say NO to you. If only two people will attend your first event, you can bet your last dime that they will be the ones seated at the front roll, cheering you on. Those are the people you need to kickstart with!
Because you see so much trust in their face for you, and the things you are doing, it will make you work extra hard to make them proud.
2. Never be afraid to take risks. The worst that can happen is you get a NO and it doesn't kill.
See the man on your extreme right? He's the PA to the honourable who was courageous enough to believe in my abilities and untested ideas and gave me the opportunity to work in his community. I met him and his boss, the honourable, for the first time on that day.
When I had the idea to start my organisation, I went online to find someone to give me the opportunity to try out my untested ideas. I sent out messages to a number of people but only this honourable wrote back to me, giving me the needed opportunity.
My point is this, never hesitate to reach out to people and ask for their help if you think they may be of help in some way. They either say yes and support you, write back saying NO, which surely doesn't kill or simply ignore.
No matter the response, keep moving...
3. Seek opportunities and partnerships that will develop your expertise.
I know when starting out, we are looking at something really big. A great office space in a nice location, working partnership with multinationals and international organisations. You must however live your own realities and draw up your scale of preference. Let's be honest here, those multinationals and international organisations are looking for tractions that you do not have yet which is why partnerships with ourselves here makes a whole lot of sense.
I've shared these stories and points specifically for those who have been maintaining and updating their book of ideas for almost a decade now without taking any step to bring their ideas to live.
The best way to start is to simply START! No over planning, no over thinking, just START!
Remember, the whole world makes way for a man who knows where he's going.
Have a great day everyone!

Source: https://web.facebook.com/adepeju.mabadeje/posts/10210735940287682




No comments: