SALUTARY IMPACT

SALUTARY IMPACT
SALUTARY IMPACT (HOSPITALITY AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT)CALL +33605867728

Thursday 4 December 2014

OPEC Presidency: Jonathan Behind My Appointment - Allison-Madueke

Mrs Diezani Allison-Madueke, the President, Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), speaking on her recent election as OPEC president on Wednesday, gave the credit to President Goodluck Jonathan for his courage to appoint her as Minister of Petroleum Resources.

``First of all it could not have happened if the president had not had the courage to appoint a woman as the Minister of Petroleum Resources, which meant that I now headed the country's delegation to OPEC.

``And I must say that that was quite a daunting thing; three and half years ago, I went into a body which is completely male-dominated and mostly Arab-dominated as well.

``But I have found that they have come to respect me and respect Nigeria's voice over the last three years in OPEC very highly," she said.

No comments: