SALUTARY IMPACT

SALUTARY IMPACT
SALUTARY IMPACT (HOSPITALITY AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT)CALL +33605867728

Thursday 11 September 2014

I wouldn't have signed Danny Welbeck - Arsene Wenger

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that he wouldn't have signed Danny Welbeck if he was around in England on transfer deadline day.

Welbeck was signed from Manchester United on deadline day for a £16million fee,with Arsenal sanctioning the move when it became evident that they couldn't sign another player with the time available.

On deadline day,Wenger was away in Rome for a charity game and he admitted that he wouldn't have signed Welbeck if he was around.

"If I had not travelled that day, Welbeck would not be here. I will explain that a bit later, but if I stayed at home, Welbeck would not be here today."

He further added: "I will tell you that story one day - but that is the truth."
However Wenger did say that he was "happy" making the transfer permanent,in opposition to the initially mooted loan deal.

"When it was a permanent transfer, or loan with an option to buy, I was happy to take a permanent transfer.

"At the start of the day the player was only available on loan, but after he became available to buy, I agreed."

"I thought when (United) bought Falcao they had to let somebody go and I was not aware at the start (of the day) when I heard that he could be available.

"It was quick because it was on the last day of the transfer window and I had no hesitation to do it."

No comments: